API Version 3 Documentation
The Copyleaks API is a powerful, comprehensive and open-source solution that provides an additional layer of content authentication, plagiarism and copyright infringement detection to any platform.
Here you can find all the needed documentation for a seamless integration including SDKs with code examples, methods documentation, technical specifications and more:
REST API methods:
- Account Methods - First step when using the API: log in using your account's credentials. Relevant for both Business and Education.
- Business Methods - All relevant methods for using the Business API, after you are verified using the Account Methods.
- Education Methods - All relevant methods for using the Education API, after you are verified using the Account Methods.
- Downloads Methods - Allows you to build the report yourself (if you don’t want to use the standard Copyleaks report).
The integration process is simple and includes three steps:
- Log in to Copyleaks Use your personal identification information (email and API key) to prove your identity. When the server accepts your login information, you will receive a token that will be used to identify yourself in later calls.
- Submit a scan Submit your content to be checked for plagiarism, using the right method for your content type (files, images with text or URLs). You can also add properties to the call to customize the scan and results for your specific needs.
- Wait for completion webhook The scan time may vary depending on multiple factors, but since Copyleaks is supporting the asynchronous model you will automatically get notified by your webhook whenever there is a change of status with your scan. For example, status change: the scan has been completed.
- Completed webhook informs you that the scanning process has completed. If the scan is completed successfully, you are ready to Export the scan outcomes.
- Export Once the scan has been completed successfully, you can export all the relevant information and store it on your servers. The export process pushes all the outcomes to your server. Read more about the Export method.
- Export completed webhook gives you a report about your export task status.
- Release Notes - Official updates channel.
- Technical Specifications - See API's limits and supported formats.
- Performance ConsiderationsImportant! - How to improve your scan performance.
- Present the Report on Your Site - have a complete white-labeled report, and present it on your domain.
- Exponential Backoff - Algorithm that helps applications define a retry strategy for consuming a network service.
- System Status - Our system status is a real-time view of the uptime of our various services.
Do you have a technical question?
Use stackoverflow.com to get help from our development team and other Copyleaks users.