Cross Compare Multiple Files
The following activity allows the user to submit multiple files for a scan in one call. This allows the files to be compared against one another, in addition to external sources.
You can use this technique, if you are:
- Using the Education product. Using Copyleaks Internal Database is mandatory.
- Purchased Private Repository.
See the flow diagram below:
- Login to Copyleaks API and get a JWT authentication token.
- Use the token from the previous step in order to Submit a file/URL. It’s important to specify the action of the scan (one of the body parameters) as
2(IndexOnly). Remember to choose all the other needed flags (like
properties.scanning.internet) as you will want it when the scan will start processing. Those flags cannot be edited later.
- Repeat step #2 for all of your documents.
- Wait until all of your documents have been successfully indexed into the Copyleaks Internal Database. Once you have the IndexOnly webhook for all of them, you can proceed to the next step.
- Use the start method to trigger the scans. The Start method supports submitting up to 100 files on the same command. If you have more than 100 files, you will have to call this method multiple times until completion.
- From this point, each of the scans will work like any other Copyleaks scan.
Do you have a technical question?
Use stackoverflow.com to get help from our development team and other Copyleaks users.